Thursday 21 January 2010

Body MOT

I didn't go down the route that most people go down after a break up, I didn’t get a drastic new hair cut, buy a new wardrobe or hit the gym, I just kind of gave myself a bit of a Body MOT
I did all the stuff I'd been meaning to get done for ages but was too busy to do before Christmas.

The week I got back home I got my fringe trimmed as it was about an inch too long and Mum coloured it for me on Sunday as my roots were about 3 inches long!
I bought a new handbag, top and belt while I was in Holland but that’s about it clothing wise.
I did contemplate doing some exercise and have been meaning to jump on the Wii-Fit at some point but haven't actually got around to it yet. I have lost weight but I think that’s mainly due to cutting out bread and also being so busy at work and at home that I'm not getting a chance to snack, its also quite possibly helped by the fact that chocolate (and infact anything dairy) now makes me feel sick.

My parents got me vouchers for the beauticians for Christmas and I went to get my eyebrows waxed last week, I get my eyebrows waxed every few weeks but last time I decided to be brave and book myself in for a full leg and bikini wax.
So last night I headed off to the place that will from now on be referred to as 'The Torture Chamber'. I'd been chatting to my friend at work about how it couldn't be that painful because lots of people get it done and I'd kinda convinced myself it wouldn’t be too bad.

Please take a moment to understand that apart from eyebrow waxing and some of those rubbishy Boots own brand leg waxing strips I have never had anything like this done before...

...OMFG it hurts!!

Not so much the leg part, that wasn’t too bad but the bikini line part is horrendous, well its horrendous for about 30seconds after its been ripped off and then it kinda fades to a dull ache, then its just the anticipation of knowing its going to happen again a few seconds after...

...The beautician promises me that the first time is always the worst and after that the hair grows back weaker and is easier to wax...someone please tell me she's not lying?!?

4 comments:

  1. lol yes and child birth hurts less the next time as well! Why would you want to do that to yourself, I put my waxing session into the category of try anything once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you my friend; underarms hurst a hell of a lot more! Had it done once and nearly hit the woman doing it. I've had legs and bikini etc etc for years but trust me, don't ever go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had it done once before I went on holiday - needlessto say i've just stuck to shaving since lol. Anyway chicken, I've awarded you a sunshine blog award just pop over to my blog to see and pass it on!

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lying I'm afraid, it hurts just as much but you just kind of get used to it! My tips though - take 2 paracetamol 20 mins before you leave, don't drink the night before & never ever go on the sun bed just before or just after. Hopefully that should help!

    ReplyDelete