Tuesday 1 June 2010

Lorelai saves the day

This is my second post in one day, now that's not something that happens very often!
But it is for a good reason, I want to introduce you to another one of my 'friends', she or rather they are called Lorelai. I am of course referring to the wonderful Gilmore Girls
Now before you say anything or start calling the men in white coats, yes, I do realise they are fictional television characters...*Ahem* I only refer to them as my 'friends' as they always cheer me up.

I got home from work today and really couldn't be bothered to do much, or at least anything that involved more than a little brain power so I thought I'd stick a DVD on and make a start in folding card to make my friends wedding invites (simple task, can't really get it wrong). I went through the usually DVDs that I stick on for a bit of background noise - Fast and Furious, Step-Up, Sex and the City but none of them were really appealing to me, so I reached for old faithful, those lovable Gilmore Girls!

I've now decided that I'm going to watch the entire back catalogue, all seven years and seven series of the Gilmore Girls in consecutive order over the next few months. You may call me a geek but at least I am a happy geek, contented by knowing that I am not alone in my love of all things Gilmore.
I'm also going to try and spread the GG love by posting some of the brilliant quotes that litter each and every  episode on here now and then!

Quotes from Episode 1, Season 1
Lorelai : (Michel is ignoring the phone) Michel, the phone
Michel : Mmm hmm. It rings.
Lorelai : Can you answer it?
Michel : No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them.

Rory : You're happy
Lorelai : Yeah
Rory : (suspiciously) Did you do something slutty?
Lorelai : I'm not that happy
blog comments powered by Disqus